Sunday, October 01, 2006

I Heart Socks!

"Knitting Under the Influence" evening was a success! Thanks to Claire LaZebnik for coming out to Yarn Garden Friday night for a fun night of knitting, chating and yummy delights. It was so much fun meeting everyone and getting to hear a bit of the book. If you don't have a copy yet, it is for sale all over town. I recommend this novel, very funny and so true! Lots of knitting laughter as well.




SOCK WARS
As you know, I was killed by my assassin's "bullet" last week, and her package was so fun to receive. She (Karen from NY) sent me socks filled with goodies. Some tea, soap and candy, as well as some pretty awesome stitch markers with SKULLS on them! I sent my sock off to Karen's assassin, and she just sent me a message saying she had received my package. I went to her blog and borrowed this graphic for sock wars. Very funny.



Here is Charlie modeling my new wool socks. He likes them but they are mine. Sorry, Charlie! BTW, I know I am his mommy, but how cute is he? I Love this guy, and Mike and I are having so much fun watching him grow up and seeing how he changes each week. Practice parenthood is awesome!


Christmas is coming! Christmas is coming!

Since I am now a "sock knitter" I decided to try my hand at a very large X-mas stocking. I didn't really follow a pattern, just used the basic recipe for socks and let my creativity do the rest. I really like the results! I added the money for size reference. I will be teaching a variation on this sample at Yarn Garden, Thursday nights October 19th and 26th, from 6:30 to 8:30 each night. You will learn the basics of double-pointed needles, and the result will be a great x-mas stocking. No worries if you haven't ever knit on dpns before. This pattern is really basic (all knit), a great introduction into the world of socks. I am knitting a second version, longer and thinner. I remember having a big bulky stocking when I was a kid, but the long, skinny stocking might look cute too. We'll see. I can help you invent whatever type you want to knit. Call Yarn Garden for more information.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your stocking! that is going to be a great hit!