Sunday, October 08, 2006

X-mas Stocking Update...Class Coming Up!

Hi all. An uneventful week. My students are all happily working on their baby hats, which are due in 2 weeks. I'll post pictures when the hats are turned in.

This week I have been working on finishing the Brea Bag, which is this week's class at Yarn Garden. Next week I'll be teaching a 2-week class on knitted Christmas Stockings. Class will be Thursday evenings, October 19 and 26, from 6:30 to 8:30 each evening. Call Yarn Garden to sign up, and find out what supplies you will need. Here are two of the stockings I designed. I really like the pom poms on the skinny one. The newest stocking on my needles is red, green and white. Stay tuned for updated pics!






On a personal note, I bought a new car today. After many weeks of research, I decided on a small SUV. I love my new car!

We took Charlie for his first ride in the new car tonight, and he was pretty good. It has always been a pain trying to keep him in the back seat of Mike's car, but the new car has a fold-down area in the back. I put a big blanket down and he explored. Overall, it was a success. I think it is going to take a few more trips for him to realize that he can't sit in my lap when I am driving. Sometimes he forgets he weighs 65 pounds. The big guy thinks he is a lap dog. So sweet.

Next Satruday I am headed out to the Pomona Fairplex for the Sew, Craft and Quilt Fair. It is an all-day event that has tons of booths and lots of demos. Check out their website for more info: http://www.rustybarn.com/ There is a Pomona catalogue to download. Hope to see you there!

No comments: