Monday, September 25, 2006

Such a busy weekend...whew...I need a nap!

This was a crazy weekend. So much happened. Friday night and Sunday afternoon, Anne, Jodi and I volunteered at the San Gennaro Festival at Hollywood and Highland. Jodi and her hubby Mario taught mosaic tiling and Anne and I taught some knitting basics. The kids corner was hoppin’! All in all it was a great event that raised a lot of money for various charities.
here is Anne teaching a really good little knitter. These two girls were our best students of the night! Very quick learners! And there I am at the bottom teaching the bigger sister. Both got it so fast and seemed to be having as much fun as we were!

































































SOCK WARS
I am a warrior in Sock Wars and I think I was unofficially assassinated late last night. Here’s the deal: each knitter has a target (the person they are knitting for) and an assassin (someone who is knitting for them and trying to “kill” them). My assassin is this really cool woman from NY, Karen. She emailed on Saturday morning saying that she was almost finished with my socks. Bummer. I was 1” into the cuff of my first sock. Her email motivated me to get my butt in gear and knit, so I did, finishing my first-ever sock! I am really proud of it! Then Karen emailed again last night saying that my socks (the proverbial bullet) were going in Monday’s mail, arriving around Wednesday. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted! Plus, I learned how to knit a sock! Next on my needles, a PAIR of socks in Debbie bliss cashmerino. Snuggly!

































Many, many thanks go out to Julie at The Little Knittery for the amazing donation of yarn on Saturday. There is an assortment of wool, DK weight, novelty and even some ribbon. The kids are going crazy over this stuff. So many baby sweaters and hats will come from this donation! Everyone should get over to The Little Knittery on Franklin at Vermont and see and feel the great yarn she has for sale. The one-of-a-kind selection is to die for!


1 comment:

Sharon Rose said...

SOCK WARS!!!! This is your assassin's assassin... I just got your finished sock and yarn to do the other for your victim. You did a great job! Thanks for the cute note, too. :)