Sunday, December 03, 2006

December Already?




Wednesday we had a great knitting club meeting at lunch. Over 40 kids showed up. We distributed some of the yarn donated by Fayanne and The Gilmore Girls. Let me tell you, the kids were exstatic! They couldn't believe I was handing out so much yarn! I am eagerly awaiting the scarves, hats and sweaters they are going to make. Thanks again to everyone who has donated yarn this year!


Thursday, our Knitting class got a treat, when expert knitter and knitting book author Maureen Lasher (The Teen Knit Club) came and spoke to our class. She brought tons of cool items that she has knit, and the kids asked lots of questions about her knitting history. As a class, we are putting together a book of patterns and family stories. At the end of the semester, each student will get a copy.

This is what I am currently working on. It is the zig zag bag from the Felted Handbag Workshop. I am starting the center diamonds. Wish me luck. I am going to felt the whole thing and have leather strips added for handles. Fingers crossed that it will be finished in time for X-mas, so I can give it to my step-mom. She was admiring it at Thanksgiving as a work in progress.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How cute is Charlie? How long did he keep that on? Thank you Thank you Thank you! for the calenders. They certainly did their job and we handed out tons on Saturday. Sad I missed you.