Monday, November 27, 2006

Happy Birthday to me...



I'm old enough to be president!!! Lucky me. :) A student-made cake. Yum.


We went karaoke-ing last weekend and had a grand old time. Here Andi and I are singing "Baby Got Back".



We also had a girls-only tea that afternoon at Chado Tea Room on 3rd street. Delicious!

On to knitting news...


i finished a beanie for my TA Jeff. He is on the basketball team (#23). Go Dolphins!

Here are a few student projects that were finished last week:

So Hyun made this totally cute pink and purple sweater vest.


Shannon made this lemon yellow baby blanket for a family friend.


Ivonne finished her stuffed bunny. Very sweet.

Yesterday, Andi and I got a wild hair and decided to make candles. Never done it before, so we channeled our inner-Martha and dove in. Here's what we did...

first, chop up the brick of wax...

then, melt the wax...ours is sage green with melon/cucumber scent.

then, pour the wax...

then, the candles cool...

...finish with a matching saucer and a cute matchbox.
LOVE IT!!!!!!

No comments: