Sunday, December 10, 2006

Another week, another purse!


This is the zig-zag felted purse from the Felted Handbag workshop. Very cool purse patterns available at Diane's website. I changed it a little to fit my needs. You can see my soap of choice is Ajax dishwashing soap. Very nice. This one is a gift for x-mas. I am adding leather straps tomorrow (recycling a really long belt). I'll post pics once it is finished.



My next project, starting tomorrow, will be Sheldon, from the latest issue of Knitty. SO CUTE and the perfect addition to my marine biology corral of animals. My favorite part of the pattern is that the shell is made like a little sweater that he wears. Adorable.



Tonight I worked on X-mas gifts for people at work. Here they are. Cucumber-melon candles in vintage china, with really awesome bows on the handles. My favorite part is the perfect little box of matches. These were so much fun to make!


This week I took my Marine Biology kids to the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium for a day of fun and adventure. We had so much fun! The pier aquarium is located underneath the pier. Go check it out! They just had a huge remodel, and are re-open for business. I think it is just a few dollars to get in. Very kid-friendly and lots of volunteers to explain stuff. Here are my students modeling our new binoculars that were donated by the Pali High Booster Club. Thanks, Boosters!


Here is the latest pic of our boy. He is feeling under the weather today, moping around and looking sad. Sad dog = good photo opportunities. :)

No comments: