Saturday, August 05, 2006

Home From DC


I met up with my friend Donna and her little girl, Katie. Here she is modeling her cashmere hat in 110 degree heat. Such a trooper. I think the swiss darning turned out pretty cool. Remember that I am teaching Swiss Darning this Thursday at Yarn Garden. 6:30-9:00pm.

To the Smithsonian...


My favorite museum in the Smithsonian complex was, of course, the Museum of Natural History. The rotunda has a huge African Elephant running through the center. Awesome. I took so many pics that I can use in my lectures throughout the year, but my favorite has to be the collection of birds that Darwin actually preserved and brought home on the Beagle. Talk about history!!!! I trudged to the National Archives to see the Declaration of Independence, Constitution and the Bill of Rights, but the no flash photography rule made it tough to get good shots.




My last night in town I took a night tour of the monuments. I recommend this to anyone headed to DC. This pic is from the World War II Memorial that opened in 2004. Spectacular. Not like you can tell from my picture, but I was just having fun with the fountains and the light. Pretty cool effect.

Next post: the finished Brea Bag. I have all the pieces finished, now I need to assemble. Not sure when that will happen. Also, I am spending the weekend working on my garage. My dad is helping me turn it into a knitting oasis. A place for me to escape and get my craft on. I'll post before and during pictures. Hopefully we will be finished soon. I can't wait to move my stuff in!

Thanks to everyone who saw my gameshow. I ended up winning a trip to Cabo San Lucas. Mike and I are thinking of going for Christmas Break. I am so glad my useless knowledge of celebrity gossip has finally become useful. :)

No comments: