Sunday, August 20, 2006

2 Weeks Until School Starts! Noooooooooo.....



The Brea Bag (pattern from Berocco) is finished. It was great to knit, and the directions are very clear. I added a thriftstore tie as the strap, I love it! These might be X-mas presents this year. Who knows. It took 1 1/2 skeins of Lamb's Pride Bulky.

The baby stuff class-PART 1 was such a success. Thanks to everyone who showed up. I hope you have time this week to do your homework so that we can finish those sweaters this Thursday. Also, we will be knitting the baby booties and a baby hat. So much to do! Our next class, August 31st (Thusrday evening 6:30-9:00) will be a felting class. This one will be a two-week class as well. I'll post more details later in the week.




This is the storage shelving I am buying for my knitting oasis. We are almost finished, maybe 2 more days of hard labor. Once it is all finished, I will post before and after pictures. I can't wait to load the shelves with my yarn. It is going to look like my own little yarn store.


NEXT PROJECTS:

This is a Valentino cashmere stole with pearls sewn on. I want one, but am unwilling to pay...brace yourself...$1950! For a wrap! I think I might buy some luxurious cashmere and just go for it.



This is a Fendi, the "Chef Bag". Retail price: $900. Ouch. I am rewriting a pattern for this little guy. Tiffany at Yarn Garden gave me a pattern she had but we decided the pattern has some issues, so this is my weekend project (in addition to the garage, um, knitting oasis.) I am knitting it in the round and am halfway up the body. I am going to make it a little deeper than the original, maybe 7 or 8 inches. I like purses to hold everything I own.




These are my teacher friends. We all have to report back to school next week for 3 days of "get ready for kids" meetings, etc. Then we have Labor Day weekend, then the first day of school. I had a BBQ last week and they all came over (with significant others in tow) and we complained about the end of summer. The non-teachers in the group showed no sympathy. :)

2 comments:

kristina wong said...

great projects! you must share the pattern for the stole if you figure it out! keep knitting!

Ana Maria said...

We've been back to school in Indiana for a week now. So I know how you feel. The kids have only been with us for three days but it already feels like a month. Enjoy your last week.