Friday, September 18, 2009

Paris Yarn Shop

This summer I spent some time in France. While in Paris, I was told I had to visit La Droguerie. Once we were settled I set out to find this mythical yarn shop. It was 100 degrees that day and very few places in Paris have air conditioning, so I trudged all over using weird directions I had found on the internet. Then, after 30 minutes of wandering around near St. Eustache Church, I spotted it on a tiny side street. Once inside, I was blasted by a hotter-than-outside air, but I pushed the door open. What was inside?

PARADISE!!!!
This is what greets you when you enter the shop. Both walls covered in yarn. Each hank of yarn has a #tag. You write down the # you want and go to the counter and they disappear in the back to get your selection. There are cute samples knit up with each yarn. Not just squares, but actual baby sweaters and tops. Awesome stuff! Look at that great one with the star on the chest.




This is a multi-colored bench with more yarn hanging over it. I sat down and just soaked it all in.



This is a wall (floor to ceiling) full of buttons and beads. All in perfect jars. I was tempted to run my fingers through each, just like Amelie.


FInally, jars of feathers and threads. Everything was displayed perfectly, and I wanted to buy it all.

2 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Oooo La La! How faboo! What a marvy yarn and notions shop! Well...what DID you buy!!?!?!! Do tell, Karyn!

Thea said...

What a wonderful looking store! That bench is a nice touch I think.