Monday, September 28, 2009

I Learned How To Crochet

As a teacher, one of the best parts of my job is getting the summers off. A few summers back I built a deck off the back of the house, before that I built a knitting room in our garage. This summer I decided no major construction jobs were in the cards, but I did have a few projects in mind to keep myself busy. I wanted to learn how to crochet. I have been avoiding it for years, thinking I never needed to learn. So I sat down with Beverly at Stitching is an Art and she gave me some pointers.


These two little guys were gifts for the teachers in my summer Botany class I took at The Huntington Library.

I knitted a few gifts for them as well.
Here is another DNA baby toy for Martha, who is a DNA expert. The anatomically correct flower is a teaching tool for Mike, the other professor who is a plant expert. The coolest part of the flower model is that each part pulls down to reveal the next layer. Sadly, I didn't make one for me and I didn't write down the pattern.


No comments: