Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I am a terrible Blogger!

It has been almost 2 months since my last post. Please forgive me...
the holidays, being sick, moving my best friend to Chicago, teaching, taking down that darn x-mas tree...it is all too much!

Now I am back at school with finals fast approaching (need to write my finals this weekend) and I wanted to show off some of my December knitting.



First up, the fair isle beret from the current Knitty.com I chose tiffany box blue with white and knit it for Andi to wear in Chicago. I messed up reading the chart (my first time with charting) but loved the experience of knitting with two yarns. I highly recommend it!



Next off my needles was an old favorite. I made a penguin (also from knitty archives) for myself. A few years ago I made these for everyone's kids, but never one for me. Sometimes you have to knit for yourself. I never do. This guy will be part of our Christmas decor for years to come.



The final dinosaur. Also the only one I kept from the series. I gave the other 4 away as Christmas gifts, but the triceratops was just too cute to part with. These patterns, from Jimmy Bean Wool, are awesome and easy to read. I will definitely make them again some day.



And finally, I made a cupcake hat. This is the first attempt and I was very pleased with the result. The second one I made is even better! I added sprinkles! Pic coming soon, on a baby! This will have to do for now, I gave this one away to our housekeeper who has a 3 year old girl. Everyone looks good wearing a cupcake!


That about catches me up to the end of December. I have been busy knitting in January but not photographing anything, so there is a big pile of FOs to shoot. I'll post again soon.

Knitting class update: the kids are rushing to finish their baby sweater sets for their final. Everything is due by Jan. 29th, so I will have lots to show from them soon.

Happy new year to all!

1 comment:

Ellen Bloom said...

Karyn,
That is so sweet of you to offer to give me the pattern! I'd love to have an adult version of this cardigan! Thank you sooooo much. I'm aways at the WeHo SnB, every Thursday, 7-9, upstairs dining area, Farmers Market.

By the way, our SnB group is thinking of having a yarn swap for Valentine's Day....it's a Thursday. The excess yarn and more would make a perfect donation for your students at Pali Hi. Our party coordinator for the group, Natalie Yamashita and I are organizing this. Would love to know your thoughts on this.

Hope to see you soon!

Ellen B.